Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Puppy Hunt Takes a Bad Turn

I've been trying to keep you all in the loop on my puppy hunt, and shared my trails and tribulations of the puppy search with you. Recently, I've been sharing my joy, anticipation, and excitement about a specific litter which I hoped would contain my first show puppy.

As you know, I am the second in line for a puppy, but I want a show quality puppy. Well, the mother delivered today, four female puppies, one was stilborn, so there are three healthy female puppies. At this age, there is no way of knowing which ones, if any, will be show quality - you have to wait for the puppies to grow quite a bit to do evaluations, and I am second or third in line (I forget) for a show puppy. If there aren't enough show quality puppies, I won't be getting one from this litter, which is a real possibility.

Please keep this litter in your thoughts and prayers. I've been wanting this for so long, and working so hard to obtain it. I know that whatever happens, happens for a reason... but I still really hope my show puppy is in this litter.

I'll keep you posted as the puppies age, and their potential is revealed.

On a happy note, I'm going to enter this giveaway over at Prissy and Preppy Flamingo! You should, too! Make sure to ENTER MY GIVEAWAY, too... I'm extending it a few more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment