Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Naughty Bird Dog

I ran home at lunch to get something my landlord left for me. While I was home I checked on Milly, made sure her fans were on, she had plenty of water, played fetch, etc. Milly stays in my sun room while I'm at work, and the sun room attaches to our fenced in backyard. This way she is able to come inside whenever she wants, but still can play outside if she so chooses. I find this set up to be much nicer than leaving her in my bedroom or crating her while I'm away.

Anyways, so I get home, open the sun room door and notice something odd looking on her bed. At first I'm thinking is that poop? But as I get closer it looks like it has different colors, and I have no idea what it is. I finally get with in a few feet of the dog bed and see little feet (no pun intended) attached to a black and red mass. Turns out my bird dog decided to indulge on a baby bird today. I cleaned up the bed, removed dead baby bird and gave Milly a plush toy to keep her occupied.

I know that this instinct is bred into her, and therefore I cannot punish her, but boy was I grossed out! Nothing like going home to play with your pooch and finding a baby bird carcass (guts strewn across the dog bed) to make you lose your appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment