Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Goodbye, Anna...




You've probably been wondering where I've gone, and why I haven't updated the blog in a while. I just haven't felt like doing much of anything lately. My mind and body are drained, and I'm just going through the motions of life right now.

Last week, I received a call that my dear friend Anna had died, very suddenly and unexpectedly. She was only 27 years old, and she has been a part of my life and my group of friends since I was in middle school. I hopped in the car, and headed to South Carolina for her viewing and funeral, and I'm still numb from the whole experience.

Anna was filled with love, life, humor and pure joy! She put more living into her 27 years than most people put into their entire lives. With a smile always on her face, Anna bounded through life, spreading laughter all around her. She always had some PG-13 joke or comment to make, and her humor and happiness was contagious to all around her. Her Facebook statuses were the funniest I have ever read. Always random, but hilarious. Those alone would make an incredible book!

A part from being a wonderful friend to every human that knew her, Anna was an animal lover, and such a giver. To her, Lola and Baxter were like children. With no children, Anna and her husband welcomed their two dogs into their family, and loved them as much, if not more, than they would have loved their own offspring had they had children. Her obituary highlighted her furchildren, "Survivors include her husband, Doug; cherished family pets, Lola and Baxter..." Which some may find strange, but those who knew Anna, knew that she would want them included, because for her, they were family.


Baxter and Lola on a joy ride with Anna!

Anna was a giver. Just days before her death, she cut off 12 inches of hair and donated it to Locks of Love. She was passionate about breast cancer research and helping homeless animals. In Anna's memory, donations can be made to The Humane Society, 121 Humane Ln, Columbia, SC 29209 or to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, 301 Halton Rd, Greenville, SC 2960.

Anna will never be forgotten.


9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend. I clicked through to her obituary, and saw the most beautiful face smiling back at me. I know that you, her family, and most certainly Baxter and Lola will miss Anna so very much. My heart is with you.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awful to have someone die so young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so very sorry for the loss of your wonderful friend. We know she will be missed by many. Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that with time you can know that God had bigger plans for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I can tell just from your post how much she meant to you and how much you loved her. Sending you warm thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry about your friend. She sounds like a lovely lady and I know you'll miss her terribly. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having just lost my 27 year old best friend this past April (we were friends for 13 years) I can COMPLETELY understand what you are going through. I am so sorry for your loss and I will keep you in my thoughts constantly as I know the struggle following the loss of a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A famous dog trainer gives you positive training tools that you need to share a lifetime of fun,
    companionship, and respect with your dog.we can give you some information on the importance of observing,
    understanding, and reacting appropriately to your dog's body language.see more,

    greenville Dog anxiety separation training

    ReplyDelete