Thursday, January 6, 2011

Milly Update


So, a lot of people have been asking what happened to Milly, and some have even *gasp* asked if she went to the Rainbow Bridge.

Do NOT worry! Milly is doing great! She is still in fantastic shape, and acts like a young dog, not a senior citizen. The reason I have not blogged about Milly in quite sometime, is I haven’t seen her in weeks.

As you know, at the end of the summer I went through a break-up, and at the time I agreed to let my ex-boyfriend see Milly from time to time. Well, when Christmas came, I knew I was heading to Vermont, and my brother and his wife had told me I could bring one dog, but not both (there simply would not be room in their house for two). I decided to bring Hush, because I felt I needed to focus on her training more, and Milly is much easier to find someone to watch (since she’s perfect). In comes the ex-boyfriend, he has never much liked holidays, and really wanted to see Milly… win win for all. Ex took Milly right before I left for Vermont, and has been fawning attention on her. I’ve been getting some updates, and I am assured she is doing just fine. He even took her to the do-it-yourself dog wash yesterday.

I’ve agreed to let him keep Milly for 9 more days. This will put his total time with her at around 1 month. This is by far the longest I have ever been away from my sweet Milly, and I miss her so much, but I am using the solo-Hush time to work on her training and really focus on that while I don’t have my hands full of so many leashes.

So, do not fear, Milly is doing just fine, and she’ll be back on the blog in no time at all!



5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year

    Congrats on the new pup Hush. Well done letting your ex spent some time with Milly. A very fine thing for you to do. I'm sure you can't wait to see her again. Hope the training is coming along well for Hush. They are such sponges at that age.

    Cheers from: KT and Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you love! I appreciate the update (I knew she wasn't GONE but I didn't want to bug you about it!).

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are glad Milly is doing fine! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you can stand it. I'd be missing the boys too much. I'm glad she is doing fine, and glad Hush is getting some Mom time.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaw so glad Milly is doing okay, and you are getting some one on one time with Hush :-) turns out exes ARE good for something! ;)

    ReplyDelete