Monday, September 27, 2010

Washington, DC is Dog Friendly!


I’ve been spending a lot of time in Washington, DC lately. I live in Northern Virginia, or I did, but now I’ve been staying in DC. I have been amazed at how dog friendly the city is, I guess I never quite realized it. In the past week, I have been to many restaurants and bars with outdoor seating, where Milly was allowed.


Last weekend, I met up with a friend for drinks at Elephant and Castle. If you’ve never been there, it’s located on 12th and Pennsylvania Avenue, and has wonderful outdoor seating. While dogs are not technically allowed inside the outdoor seating, they are allowed outside of the fence on the sidewalk. The servers are very accommodating and will arrange for you to sit along the railing so your dog can be beside you. They even brought Milly a bowl of water!


I really want to go to a restaurant called Art and Soul, where they offer a dog menu, complete with Bowser Beer and Marrow Bones. I better act fast though, because I think the dog menu is only available while the weather is nice. It’s been a neat experience to see what DC has to offer, I’ve never really spent much time there. Milly seems to love the squirrels of DC, too! I took her to the National Mall, and she eagerly wagged her tail at hundreds of them. We ended up having so much fun that we walked around for hours! She also has experienced riding in a taxi cab for the first time. A good tip about dogs and taxis, just let the taxi company know you will be traveling with a dog when you call them, and they will send a dog friendly taxi!


Milly has also toured many of the monuments. It's so much fun to tour the nations capitol with my four legged friend!



4 comments:

  1. There are also a lot of restaurants on the Hill and in the Eastern Market area that are dog friendly. And the Elephant and Castle on 19th St. let me bring Spencer inside the fenced area. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that taxi companies would let large dogs in their cabs - great to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These is one of the great idea which you can share over here is really very great. The servers are very accommodating and will arrange for you to sit along the railing so your dog can be beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In our city restaurants, dogs are not technically allowed inside the outdoor seating, they are allowed outside of the fence on the sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete