Friday, April 17, 2009

Summer Bathing and A Great Product!

With spring in full swing and summer just around the corner many dog owners are spending more and more time outdoors with their pets. If you live in a relatively urban area, and enjoy taking your dog for a swim in rivers, creeks or bays it is probably a good idea to at the very least rinse your pet off with fresh, clean water post swim. For those Chesapeake Bay area readers, last summer I read in a local Annapolis publication dogs should always be rinsed or bathed after swimming in the bay.


A good rinsing is important, but sometimes you need to do a thorough bathing, and with so many wonderful and exciting outdoor pet-friendly activities I find myself having to up the bathing during the summer months.



When it comes to grooming products there are countless options, but I’ve been using Cowboy Magic for over a decade and LOVE their products. I began using their products only on horses, but must admit the Rosewater Shampoo and Rosewater Conditioners smell so good I’ve used them on my own hair a handful of times. About a year ago I learned these products are appropriate for use on dogs too, and promptly started using them on Milly. I love them, because not only do they smell heavenly, but they also leave the coat shiny and smooth. Did I mention these products won’t break the bank either? I’ve seen a bottle of the shampoo for as low as $5.50! The shampoo is so moisturizing that you can get by without using the conditioner, but I find the combination of shampoo followed by conditioner really leaves the coat much softer. The shampoo lathers very nicely and is a high quality shampoo, so remember to rinse your dog very thoroughly.



In the summer I like to towel Milly off and then sit with her in the sun for a little natural drying, I then finish up the drying with a blow dryer on the cool setting. If your dog is prone to hotspots make sure you thoroughly dry your dog after each bathing session, because wet hair can lead to hot spots.


Overall, I give Cowboy Magic 4-Paws and 5-Stars!!


Don’t forget there is still time to enter the Bully Stick GIVEAWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment